Monday, January 29, 2007

Confidence in the Sovereignty of God

"Though He slay me, I will hope in Him." Job 13:15

I have not had any experience that equals Job's sufferings. Not even close. But when hard things have come in life, small as they may be, some of my emotions are the same, although on a smaller scale. I wish that I could say that at all times I have had the same confidence in God's sovereignty and goodness that Job expresses.

If we know that God is good and we know that God is sovereign, then we can completely trust Him in every single situation that arises, and we can echo Job in saying even if the Lord kills me, I know that it is His will, by His goodness, and for my good. There is nothing to fear in death, hunger, nakedness, peril or sword, because none of these things can separate us from the love of Christ!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised." Romans 4:20-21
Hold tight!
Aurelie, Scott & Ellie