Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Helen and I stayed in Louisville for Thanksgiving. We had a couple of invitations to eat with some people, but we chose to stay home and have our own Thanksgiving. Helen made a delicious Turkey Feast... with my favorite, mashed potatoes. We watched a movie or two, played cards, and watched the Cowboys massacre Tampa Bay. It has been a good day.

We miss home. I missed being made fun of for using ketchup with my turkey. (Helen's used to it by now. In fact, I think I've brought her over to the dark side.) I missed seeing all of my family act goofy. It wasn't the same this year. I suppose that's part of getting older. Not everything can stay the same all the time. Being away makes you appreciate things so much more, and it makes you realize how much you love your family. We're thankful for them, that's for sure.

Pictures are coming of our feast. (yes, we took pictures of our first thanksgiving.)

And one more day until the Aggies beat the ever livin, ever lovin, compound, complex, fightin' texas aggie 12th man, fightin' texas aggie stephen mcgee, fightin' texas aggie class of 2005 hell out of tu!!!!

brett

No comments: