Friday, November 17, 2006

Job Hunt

I've been looking for a new job the last couple of weeks. FBC did some restructuring of staff, and decided my position would be a part of another full time position for which they've already called someone (or are about to call them). So, I need another part time job.

I've dropped some resumes, and honestly I'm realizing what a good job I've had the last few months. I've not found anything to match the hours and the pay and the actual job description.

I've looked into secular jobs as well. Tutoring, childcare, etc. I refuse to give in to the UPS machine here, though it seems like that might be the easiest route. I'd rather not have to choose between school, sleep, and time with Helen. So that's a no to UPS.

I've had an interview or two, and what churches are looking for are a more traditional worship leader. Not only is that something I don't want to do, it's also something I can't do. I don't know the first thing about leading a choir.

If you have any ideas or tips, send 'em my way! I have until December 31 at my current job, and then after that... yikes! The good news is that the Lord has always provided for me, and He's never given me a reason to worry about that. I've gone through about 3 years of money being tight and having to find the perfect job. It's always worked out fine.

Praise to the Lord who o'er all things so wondrously reigneth
Shelters thee under his wings, yea, so gently sustaineth
Hast thou not seen how thy desire e'er have been
Granted in what He ordaineth?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My first thought was tutoring, but you already thought of that. Also, what about music (guitar) lessons? That's pretty much all I've got. But...we ARE praying for you!