Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Job Hunt Continues

I've interviewed for a few jobs so far. Here's what has turned out:

First, churches that are looking for worship leaders are looking for someone to lead their choir. I've known all along that would hinder me, it's just becoming incredibly obvious now. I have nothing against choirs, I just am unable to lead them in the way they need to be led.

Second, I've interviewed for two tutoring positions. These jobs fluctuate, which should have been obvious also. People sign their kids up to be tutored, then a few weeks later they may take them out. Hours in tutoring cannot be guaranteed.

Third, the more I interview, the more confidence I gain. I feel more in control now that I've interviewed for several jobs.

Fourth, the more I put things in perspective, the more confidence I gain. If I truly believe God has a plan and He will take care of us, I can be confident in interviews, not worrying that I will say the wrong things or not say the right things. I can rest in knowing He's in control.

So here's what I'm looking at. I am one of two people being considered to lead worship at Grace Community Baptist Church in Louisville. It seems like a good situation, and I really like the pastor. So I'm waiting to hear from them. They meet on Wednesdays, so maybe I'll hear today.

I am supposed to return a phone call to Educational Resources this morning. I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago, so I'm anticipating that I may have a job there. That would be a good situation as well.

Updates are coming soon, hopefully.

No comments: