Monday, October 20, 2008

Quotes that hit me like a ton of bricks...

You know when you hear something and it just sticks in your mind? Every spare moment you have, the words flash through your brain as if they are being said aloud to you? Two quotes I've heard in the last two days that have hit me like a ton of bricks:

1. "I heard of a story of two farmers praying to God for rain to come. Both prayed but only one prepared the land. Who do you think trusted God more to send the rain?" from the movie Facing the Giants. At the end of the movie, the coach sends his kicker out on the field to win the game and someone asks him "what are you doing?" His response: "Preparing for rain."

2. If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

I'm not sure why, but both of these have stuck with me this week.

No comments: