Friday, March 30, 2007

We're Still Here

We haven't posted anything in awhile, but we are still here. Helen is still teaching her little ones and preparing them for their big tests coming up in a few weeks. She's down to two more months in her first year of teaching. She's already excited about next year and thinking about what she'll do differently. I have been busily reading and writing for school. April is going to be very busy for me. I have almost 2000 pages worth of reading to do and two fairly large papers to finish. I've started one of the papers, and I'm about halfway done. It's crazy to think that this semester is winding to a close and that I'll be over 1/3 of the way done with my degree.

Church has been going well. Last Sunday, the Church voted unanimously to keep me as their worship leader. (I had been serving as Interim since January.) It's a blessing to know that I'm doing something right, and the Lord has really blessed Helen and I to be at such a great place. I've learned so much about ministry just in the last three months, and I can't imagine what I'll learn in the months and years to come, Lord willing.

Next Friday is Good Friday. Helen and I will be leaving on a flight that leaves at 630am and we'll arrive in Texas around 11am. We'll be in Texas for the week, and we're really looking forward to going back and seeing everyone. It will be a good break, although I will probably be working diligently on school stuff while there.

Thanks for your support and prayer.

No comments: